31 million Americans face some form of back pain on a daily basis. It is an all-too-common occurrence that has a variety of causes, but sadly, limited treatment options. Accidents and injuries are the most common sources of back pain, although other factors such as obesity, poor posture, and osteoporosis are to blame as well. Unfortunately, back pain is a difficult issue to resolve, and often requires patience combined with a more comprehensive approach.
One factor, in particular, that can put you at risk for back pain is a sedentary lifestyle. Sitting in one position for extended periods of time, puts stress on the spine and muscles throughout your upper and lower back. Compounded with the likelihood of weight gain and joint degradation, it is easy to see how a sedentary lifestyle can cause or exacerbate issues like back pain.
Prescription Drugs Dangers for Back Pain
The back is a complex system of bone, musculature, and nerves. Treatment is often difficult and many doctors typically resort to NSAIDs and prescription drugs. While these may temporarily relieve pain, the long-term consequences and side effects may outweigh the benefits. Aside from the well documented addictive properties of painkillers, prescription drugs may also cause blood pressure and gastrointestinal issues.
Relieving Back Pain Naturally
There are several means to relieve back pain naturally. Though these methods may take longer than a typical drug, they offer a safer and permanent means of reducing or eliminating back pain.
- Exercise: Low impact exercise and stretching can have tremendous benefits for your back, as well as the rest of your body. Stretching based exercises such as yoga can help, as can low impact exercises like swimming. With the added benefit of also helping to reduce body weight, exercise can have a significant effect on back pain relief.
- Massage: Massage helps relieve the tension in your back muscles and core. It also causes your body to release endorphins that aid in relaxation and pain relief.
- Supplementation: Supplementing with omega-3 fatty acids, cetyl myristoleate, and vitamin D can help reduce and permanently minimize pain within your joints and back. Use a quality supplement to ensure you’re getting a properly functional and trustworthy product.
Do you experience chronic back pain? What steps do you take to reduce pain and discomfort on a daily basis?
Latest posts by Flexcin (see all)
- Sudden Joint Pain - August 4, 2015
- Does the Weather Cause Joint Pain? Plus 5 Tips To Prevent Joint Pain - July 21, 2015
- How to Prevent Knee Pain - July 13, 2015