Over 50 million Americans are suffering from arthritis that has been diagnosed by a medical professional. Millions more may be suffering without official diagnosis. As our nation’s population ages the number of people experiencing arthritis is expected to increase due to the overall unhealthy lifestyles we lead. Since living with this condition is a reality for such large part of our population here are lifestyle changes that can help this suffering with arthritis.
Maintain A Healthy Weight & Diet
- As with any health condition, it is imperative to maintain a healthy weight and diet while dealing with arthritis. Losing weight can alleviate some of the symptoms of arthritis. Eliminating unhealthy foods can help your body to fight against inflammation and joint stiffness. Your body will also see other positive changes from your new healthy lifestyle.
Participate in Low Impact Exercise
- Whether you are currently doing more rigorous types of exercise or aren’t exercising regularly, it is recommended that those suffering with arthritis participate in low impact exercise. Ideally exercising 5 days a week for 30 mins a day will help to increase joint mobility and decrease stiffness in the body. Some great forms of low impact exercise are: swimming, gentle yoga, walking or riding a bike on smooth terrain.
- The impact stress has on your body actually heightens the symptoms of arthritis. Stress hormones released into your body create more pain and tension to deal with. Try to limit any unnecessary stressful situations. When you cannot stay away from stress try different techniques to relax and unwind.
Take Vitamins and Supplements
- Before turning to prescription medications, take vitamins and supplements that can help to combat your arthritic symptoms. Get your daily amount of vitamins that fight against inflammation such as vitamin C. Try the Flexcin Starter Kit to see long lasting results of a dramatic decrease in symptoms. Taking these vitamins and supplements will help alleviate arthritic ailments while avoiding the negative side effects associated with prescription drugs.
Latest posts by Flexcin (see all)
- Sudden Joint Pain - August 4, 2015
- Does the Weather Cause Joint Pain? Plus 5 Tips To Prevent Joint Pain - July 21, 2015
- How to Prevent Knee Pain - July 13, 2015