Aside from your back, the knees are one of the most uncomfortable areas to sustain pain. As one of the primary weight-bearing joints, your knees do a lot of work. They facilitate ease of movement and mobility. When pain strikes, physical activity becomes cumbersome, hampering your ability to get around, or even exercise. Use these tips and tricks to prevent or overcome knee pain, and enhance your knees functionality…
- Exercise: Never underestimate the power of exercise. Not only is it good for your physical health, it can also drastically improve your mental well-being. If you already suffer from knee pain, exercise can help to reduce it over time. Ease into a routine and opt for low-impact exercises, such as swimming and biking.
- Get rest (but not too much!): Rest is essential, especially when starting a new exercise routine, but it is important to strike a balance. Too much rest can weaken the muscles and worsen joint and knee pain. It may take a little experimenting, but you’ll eventually find what works best for you.
- Wear proper shoes: The right shoes can make a world of difference for your knees, ankles, and feet. This is especially important when it comes to exercise. Athletic shoes with cushioned insoles are recommended, and should be replaced regularly. Speak with your doctor about specially designed insoles if you already suffer from knee pain or osteoarthritis.
- Rest, ice, compression, elevation (RICE): These four things are all crucial components to conquering knee pain. Using hot and cold compresses can work wonders in relieving knee pain and injuries, while rest and elevation can help prevent the onset of pain after exercise.
- Supplement: The right joint supplement can help reduce and even eliminate knee and joint pain. Chondroprotectants, such as Flexcin, lubricate the joints and help restore healthy cartilage that cushion weight-bearing joints.
Flexcin International provides effective, premium quality, all-natural joint health supplements. For more information visit our product catalog today.
Latest posts by Flexcin (see all)
- Sudden Joint Pain - August 4, 2015
- Does the Weather Cause Joint Pain? Plus 5 Tips To Prevent Joint Pain - July 21, 2015
- FDA Adds To Their Warning – NSAID’s Increase Heart Attack & Stroke Risk - July 15, 2015