As we age it becomes increasingly important to maintain our health through an active lifestyle and nutritious diet. Our bodies are not quite as resilient as they used to be, and our immune system could always use a boost. While exercise is a pretty straightforward recommendation, a proper diet can be a little more confusing, but fear not! By following a few simple tips you can eat your way to a healthier existence!
- Ensure you’re getting enough calcium and vitamin D. Low-fat dairy products are a great source of both calcium and vitamin D. If you’re lactose intolerant, yogurt, hard cheeses, and fortified foods are also good alternatives.
- Eat fiber. Fiber is essential for adequate digestion and the internal processing of nutrients. Vegetables, pasta, cereal, oatmeal, brown rice, and fruits are all a great sources of fiber.
- Reduce sodium intake. Sodium is found in high concentrations among most processed and frozen foods, which has been shown to cause hypertension and other health complications. Most whole foods are low in sodium however, so avoid pre-prepared stuff as much as possible.
- Supplement right. A multivitamin specifically designed for your age and gender can help ensure you are getting the essential vitamins and minerals on a daily basis. If joint pain limits your activity level, then consider an all-natural supplement like Flexcin.
- Protein. It’s not just for bodybuilders! Protein helps maintain and build lean muscle mass, making exercise and general mobility easier on the body. Fish, chicken, turkey, and eggs are all good sources of protein.
- Eat vegetables with every meal. Vegetables contain healthy antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, all of which help fight disease and illness; with the added bonus of filling you up quickly while being low in calories.
Eating right doesn’t have to be complicated. Instead of viewing your eating regimen as a diet, shape it into a lifestyle. By following a few simple tips, you can eat your way to better health without fussing about.
Flexcin International provides effective, premium quality, all-natural joint health supplements. For more information visit our product catalog today.
Latest posts by Flexcin (see all)
- Sudden Joint Pain - August 4, 2015
- Does the Weather Cause Joint Pain? Plus 5 Tips To Prevent Joint Pain - July 21, 2015
- FDA Adds To Their Warning – NSAID’s Increase Heart Attack & Stroke Risk - July 15, 2015