With summer in full swing and fall quickly approaching, most of us are at the peak of our physical endeavors. With increased activity comes pain and soreness in our joints and muscles. Don’t let this slow you down, be proactive and modify your diet to include these powerful pain-fighting foods, because after all, stopping all activity causes more harm than good, as exercise can help reduce the onset of chronic pain in the long run.
- Cherries: High in vitamin C and packed with anthocyanins, cherries have long been touted as a pain-relieving snack. Studies have indicated people finding relief from such health issues as gout and arthritis, with the regular consumption of cherries. Not only are cherries good for reducing pain, but they taste great too!
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a perennial plant of the ginger family that is commonly processed, ground and used as a spice. The plant is loaded with curcumin, a pain and inflammation-fighting nutrient. A recent study has shown turmeric was effective in battling post-surgical pain and fatigue. Check online for recipes that include turmeric as an ingredient.
- Salmon: Seemingly weekly, a new study finds some form of health benefit from the regular consumption of salmon. Chock full of omega-3 fatty acids, salmon is perhaps one of the most well known inflammation reducing foods. In fact, one study has discovered that consuming salmon at least once a week for a period of ten years, can reduce your risk of arthritis by nearly fifty-percent.
- Ginger: Antioxidants have become quite a common theme in health-food-related topics as of late, and it just so happens that ginger is loaded with them. Antioxidants have been heralded as pain-fighting, inflammation-reducing substances. Studies illustrate ginger to be effective in fighting pain, although these findings indicate a call for its daily consumption.
Including these Pain Reducing Foods foods into your diet should be simple. The price is relatively cheap (including the salmon) considering the benefits they provide versus the alternative (higher healthcare costs), plus the cherries make a great anytime snack!
Flexcin International provides effective, premium quality, all-natural joint health supplements. For more information visit our product catalog today.
Latest posts by Flexcin (see all)
- Sudden Joint Pain - August 4, 2015
- Does the Weather Cause Joint Pain? Plus 5 Tips To Prevent Joint Pain - July 21, 2015
- FDA Adds To Their Warning – NSAID’s Increase Heart Attack & Stroke Risk - July 15, 2015